Summer Stage Kids Interns can be in high school or post high school to apply. Modest stipends (ranging from $30-$100) are available depending on how many interns are hired for the camp session.
Interns in this program will assist with some or all of the following tasks:
- Collaborating with the Summer Stage Kids directors and keeping accurate notes (in the script) concerning blocking, staging, etc. so that you can assist in running scenes with or without the help of the camp directors
- Collaborating with the directors to create and implement a costume plan as well as aiding in the distribution and organization of costumes for the production
- Organizing and managing props and set pieces
- Assisting with the construction of set pieces
- Creating and facilitating meaningful and fun acting activities and games for the campers to enjoy
- Collaborating with Summer Stage Kids directors in order to assist with movement and dance in the show (if this is something you are capable of!)
- Checking in and signing out campers each day as well as making follow-up phone calls when necessary
- Helping to keep track of paperwork, documentation, bios, program notes, etc.
- Assisting with the creation of a hair and makeup plot for the show
- Helping campers with stage makeup and show prep
Facetime Summer Stage Kids Interns will be chosen based on their maturity, dedication and experience in theatre, on stage, and behind the scenes. Duties of each intern will vary based on their own individual strengths/interests. You will also be considered a “mentor” to the children and are therefore expected to be a good example to them throughout the camp/show experience.
The 2017 Facetime Theatre Summer Stage Kids session will run from Monday, June 19 through Friday, June 30. Performances will be held at Facetime Theatre on Wednesday, June 28, Thursday, June 29, and Friday, June 30. Clean-up will be Friday after the final show. Interns are expected to be present at camp every day and MUST be available for all rehearsals, performances, and clean-up sessions.
There will be an intern meeting before camp starts. Date to be determined based on availability of production staff and interns.
In addition to filling out an Intern application, please email a copy of your theatre resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please email Jessica Potts email@example.com.
CLICK HERE to submit your Intern application.